350 MacCorkle Ave, SE
This Beaux Arts-style brick building with terra cotta trim provided the state capital with a grand point of interest in earlier days. Originally constructed in 1905, it was completely refurbished inside and out in 1987 in order to restore it to its original style. AT that time a companion structure in the same style was erected beside it. The old depot houses a restaurant on the main level with office space on the upper level. It also still houses the local depot for AMTRAK.