This is the fourth year for Charleston Stage Company’s Location Plays for Festiv-ALL! Previous productions have included the Bank Lobby Play, the Elvis Play, The Crossing (back this year by popular demand) and the wildly successful Trolley Play.
This year’s play contest, titled “The River Play” will be performed in one of the main cabins on the riverboat that will shuttle passengers between the Levee in downtown Charleston and the ”Wine and All That Jazz” event taking place on the University of Charleston campus on Saturday, June 26, 2010.
The Rules are as follows:
- All playwrights must be West Virginia residents.
- The play must not have been previously produced.
- Must have 2 to 4 characters of any age/gender
- Have a running time of 10 minutes
- The first line of dialogue must be “This is where it gets deep.”
- Playwrights can submit more than one play. Collaborations between writers are also acceptable.
- Playwrights must be available to attend the first performance on Saturday, June 26, 2010
- All plays must be typewritten and mailed to the Charleston Stage Company at 123 Summers Street Charleston, WV 25301 by May 1, 2010 or emailed in WORD or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.orgAside from the above rules, the only limits are those of your imagination.
The plays will be read and judged by judges who will consider (among other things) creative use of the dramatic possibilities of the space. For more information, go to the Charleston Stage Company website at www.charlestonstagecompany.com.
This project is made possible, in part, through funding by the West Virginia Commission on the Arts and the Fund for the Arts.